Saturday, July 28, 2012

The OC

Bravo London! Bravo!

The Opening Ceremony was fantastic last night and London deserves a big round of applause!
While all of you were watching and enjoying the first half of the show, I was back in the Village (which is only a few minutes walk from the Olympic Stadium) and busy prepping our athletes for their big entrance. Tying scarves, adjusting collars and herding them along the way were among my ‘other duties as assigned’. It was a very unique experience and gave me a whole new perspective of the OC. After we got them on their way, my teammates and I watched in our office and it was super awesome to hear the TV commentators describe our American style as (and imagine hearing this with a British accent) ‘absolutely smart’ and stating that we are ‘the most successful team in the history of the Olympic Games’. As someone who works in Sport Performance, those words are like music to my ears! J

A quick shout out to Brownie Girl Scout Troop #2359! I hope you are all having a fun summer and that you’ll get to watch all of your favorite athletes on TV!
Enjoy the Games everyone and don’t forget to cheer loud! Team USA needs your support!

Best,

Julie
P.S. – If you haven’t watched this video yet, it’s a MUST SEE! The U.S. Swim Team’s version of Call Me Maybe! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIA7mpm1wU


Team USA prepping for their Opening Ceremony march!


'The' Placard


Almost ready to go...


A few of the best NOC Assistants in the world!



The amazing fireworks at OC...now I'm not so bummed I missed July 4th! Photo Credit - The lovely and talented NOC Assistant, Martha.



The First Lady speaking to our team early yesterday morning...what we saw on TV.


Never did I think that this massive dining hall would actually get FULL!


For my USADA friends!


Our motor pool board


Ummmm I think team Korea is here


So guess what happens when the Village beds get overbooked...................our staff moves out of their rooms to accommodate...........so this was my little bed last night................thought it was kind of funny and worth posting! LOL


And this is what is on the other side of of the couch....the in-the-Village NBC studio...so remember that when you're watching interviews!

And THIS is what happens when our men's basketball team stops by the Village...........I've never seen famous athletes get so excited about meeting other famous athletes............it was a pretty cool moment!









No comments:

Post a Comment