Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Visit From Jodi


Look who showed up at the Village this week!



My youngest sister, Jodi, is volunteering at the USA House here in London and we were able to guest pass her into the Village for a few hours! (Thank you to my Village teammates for making that happen!) I’m pretty sure I scored major brownie points because NOT only did she get the full VIP tour of the Village but she also ran into several famous athletes…and not naming any names, one of them was a particularly famous athlete who won 8 gold medals in Beijing. J Jodi just about fainted from her brush with greatness but I was proud that she held it together as we were making one of HER Olympic dreams come true! Thanks for visiting Jodi!
Things around here are beyond crazy...I don’t even know how to describe it. Just. Simply. Crazy.

Opening Ceremony is TOMORROW so everyone is super stoked and ready to get his party started! If you are in Colorado Springs, be sure to join the party downtown Friday evening 4-10pm to watch the OC broadcast and if you are anywhere else in the U.S., NBC will be broadcasting Friday as well…check your local TV listings. I’ll be back here in the Village prepping Team USA for their big London entrance!

THE OLYMPICS ARE HERE EVERYONE!!!! GET EXCITED!!!!
And special shout out today to my Mom and Dad, Kathy & Doug Schmitz! If it had not been for their love for the Olympic Games, I would not be here today and this whole thing would not even be happening to me. Thank you Mom and Dad! I owe it all to you!

Cheers! J
Julie


Jodi and Me at the Rings



Jodi in the Dining Hall...she was pretty impressed



The Coke Bar



The Welcome Ceremony...with orchestra versions of famous Queen songs...LOL



View of the Olympic Stadium from the Village



The Rings



Where I lay my head to sleep...I'll write about my roommate soon!



The swim team's bags have arrived!



These get me through the day!



Pretty sure we are in the safest place on the planet...it's like a fortress!

3 comments:

  1. very cool that Jodi got to visit and to meet Phelps!! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to use three cells everyday?! Wow!
    Also, do you get to keep the cute Olympic sports-themed bedspread? Those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the Coke bar that looks like an ACTUAL bar! Those Brits...so classy! Hope you and Jodi had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete